For a perfect balance between sporty performance and fuel efficiency, nothing stands out better than a 250 cc motorbike in the Indian streets. The roads here are okay-ish, a lot of tough terrains are seen almost everywhere and the tight traffic makes it difficult for bikers to save fuel and have fun with their motorbikes at the same time. However, with 250 cc motorbikes from two major motorbike marketers like KTM and Honda in India, no one’s stopping any fun. The KTM Duke 250 has received a complete face lift in 2017, it’s a fun new motorcycle to have. On the other hand, the Honda CBR 250R has always been a powerful motorcycle with and without ABS variants, just in case you care about stopping power a lot. Both these motorbikes are priced very close to 2 lac Rupees.
KTM Duke 250
The KTM Duke 250 is a new addition to the KTM Duke motorbikes in India in 2017. There’s a complete face lift to the KTM Duke 250 design, if you compare a KTM Duke 250 from yesteryear and this year the differences will become prominent to your bare eyes. This new face lift is a mixture of both KTM Duke 390 and Duke 200, therefore it’s an exciting end product. The headlight on the Duke 250 is still a halogen unit instead of LEDs in Duke 390, so there are these tiny differences. Competition wise, the KTM Duke 250 is a striking competitor against the Mahindra Mojo and Benelli TNT 25.
- The KTM Duke 250 is made of very high spec parts and electrical components. Once you ride this motorbike, you are bound to feel the differences it has.
- In the 250 cc motorbike segment in India, not a lot of the products feel like KTM Duke 250. Especially for its price, Duke 250 is an awesome machine.
- Edgy design and sharp styling makes the KTM Duke 250 a desirable two wheeler for those who want a new motorbike within a decent price range. The fuel efficiency is remarkable.
- In contrast with the Honda CBR 250R, there’s no ABS option in KTM Duke 250. If you love riding in high speed, ABS is an essential safety feature.
- Despite having an excellent acceleration, the Duke 250 has lower top speed.
- The seat height is quite high. Unless you are very tall, KTM Duke 250 isn’t for you.
Price: Rs. 196,436.
Honda CBR 250R
Honda introduced two concept motorbike models in the Auto Expo 2016 show in India, namely the NAVi and Goldwing. However, there were the CBR 250 as well, released for the market. Honda CBR 250R has a 250cc engine and it’s a premium sports bike in the lower-tier. With a 250 cc engine, Honda produces the 250R unit as one of the most affordable motorbikes in the industry. There are three variants – standard, ABS and Repsol special edition. The pricing mentioned here is the pricing for standard variant.
- The Honda CBR 250R has an excellent design. It’s stylish, born with the capability to attract youth. The Honda CBR 250R comes in 6 color schemes, you are supposed to find at least one that works for you.
- Despite having a 250 cc engine, the fuel efficiency is still beyond 25 kmpl. Although the mileage would vary fordifferent riders, depending on acceleration and the road.
- From a reputed brand like Honda, buyers would expect high quality build materials for the price tag.
- The front suspension should have been stiffer. Fast riders will end up slowing down due to the suspension type.
Price: Rs. 179,944.