KTM 125 Duke: KTM when compared to top brands like Bajaj, TVS, Hero, Honda, Royal Enfield etc does not have a long year market presence in India, to be precise the manufacturer has made known its presence outside India, but it entered the Indian market only in the year 2012.
Unlike most of the manufacturers, the first bike from this brand the KTM Duke 250 was a huge success, the style, the quality, the power, and the price was attractive enough to pull customers to them. Since its first introduction, the brand has been growing and newer models were introduced, the KTM 125 Duke is one of the latest bikes from KTM today.
KTM 125 Duke Price & Specification in India
KTM 125 Duke engine Specification, mileage, top speed, price, and other specification
If you have already checked the other models of KTM launched on the Indian market, then you would understand that KTM bikes are different from other bikes, they are tuned to deliver maximum power and torque at the lowest rpm. When it comes to fuel efficiency, they are not bad and are competent to other models in the same segment.
- 124.7 cc engine incorporated
- The engine is tuned and designed in such a way that it could deliver a maximum power of 14.3 bhp at 9250 rpm. The power delivered by this bike is comparatively greater than almost every 125cc bike on the Indian market
- Could develop a torque of 12 Nm at 8000 rpm
- Comes with a single cylinder and 4 valves per cylinder
- Like all the other KTM models, the KTM 125 Duke also comes with a fuel injection fuel delivery system.
- Liquid cooling system to keep the engine temperature at check
- Digital ignition system incorporated
- The KTM 125 duke unlike most of 125cc bike on the Indian market comes with a 6 gear set that could transmit the power efficiently from the engine to the wheels.
- Comes with 300 and 230 mm disc brakes in the front and rear which is not found in most of the 125cc two-wheeler on the market today.
- Has a 17 inch tubeless alloy wheels in the front and rear, however, the front tyre size is 110/70 R17 and the rear tyre has a size of 150/60 R17.
- Like the previous models, the KTM 125 Duke also comes with an excellent suspension system that ensures top riding comfort. Triple rate spring, 140 mm, Inverted telescopic fork suspension in the front and Double rate, 60 mm, Monoshock.- 10 steps (Adjuster Slots) suspension in the rear.
- Even if the bike houses a 125cc engine, the bike weighs 148 kg that provides the bike with an excellent power to weight ratio.
- Overall length of the bike – 1993 mm
- Overall height of the bike – 1083 mm
- KTM 125 Duke is one of the top bikes suitable for people with low height bike requirement as the bike has its seats placed at 818 mm
- Comes incorporated with a fuel tank that could hold 10.2 liters of petrol in total
- Designed to deliver a mileage of around 35-40 km per liter
- Could acquire a maximum speed of 120 kilometers per hour.
Price – INR 138220/- approx (Mumbai Ex-showroom)
When it comes to the Indian market, top features are commonly available on two-wheelers with an engine displacement above 150 cc only. However, KTM 125 Duke is different it comes with almost all the features that a 150 cc bike on the Indian market could provide. This include
- Digital odometer, tachometer, trip meter, and speedometer
- Fuel gauge
- Stand alarm
- Stepped seat
- Low fuel indicator
- Low oil indicator
- Pillion grabrail, seat, footrest, and backrest
- Kill switch
- Shift light
Unlike most of the 125cc bikes, the KTM 125 Duke comes with Anti Lock Braking system that ensures high stability and riding safety to the user.
The KTM 125 Duke is a direct competitor to bikes that include TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 ABS, and Yamaha YZF-R15 S.
The KTM 125 Duke comes in three color variants
If you are a person looking for a 125 cc bike that could deliver comparatively better features, power, and a reasonable mileage, then the KTM 125 Duke is the best bike recommended for you.
You may like to check KTM 125 RS as well.