Jawa Forty Two: Jawa was present on the Indian market for a long time, but in the year 1996, the brand halted its marketing in India due to the downfall of its sale. However, the quality of the bikes and the features offered by the Jawa bikes were so attractive that most people never forgot the brand and the bikes. After the shutdown of the brand in India, the bikes from Jawa became an in-demand collector’s item. Most collectors were ready to pay a large amount for just a model of Jawa bike.
Classic Legends Private Limited which is a sole subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra declared that they will be re-launching Jawa bikes in India and declared the first 3 bikes. Unlike the old Jawa bikes, the new bikes would come with attractive features like ABS, LED lights, a powerful engine, a digital speedometer, etc. Here is everything you need to know about the Jawa Forty-two Engine Specification, mileage, top speed, price, and other specification A majority of the customers who hear about the brand Jawa would imagine the bikes to be antique and with almost old features that are no good these days. However, the Jawa Forty-two is different. It comes with different specifications and features.
Jawa Forty Two – Price Mileage Colors Engine Specification & Features
Jawa Forty Two 2019 Specification
- The manufacturer has incorporated a 293 cc engine into this bike, making the bike a competitor to Royal Enfield, Bajaj Dominar 300, etc
- The Jawa Forty-two comes with an engine incorporated that is designed and tuned in such a way that it could deliver a maximum power of 27 bhp which is comparatively greater than almost every 300 – 500cc Royal Enfield bikes
- The engines incorporated into this bike could produce a maximum torque of 28 Nm
- Has a single-cylinder with 4 valves and 1 spark plug
- The manufacturer has incorporated a fuel injection fuel delivery system that ensures the engine has an increased efficiency
- Being a high displacement engine, the manufacturer has incorporated a liquid cooling system to keep the engine temperature in check. The Liquid cooling system is more efficient than the air cooling system
- Comes with a 6 gear manual gear system that is designed in such a way that it could deliver the power from the engine efficiently to the body/wheels
- To ensure maximum braking efficiency, the manufacturer has incorporated a disc brake in the front and a drum brake in the rear.
- The front and rear brake is of size 280 mm and 153 mm
- The bike has an 18-inch front wheel with 90/90×18 tire and a rear-wheel of size 17 inches with 120/80×17 sized tire
- Riding comfort is very important while using a bike right. This is why Jawa Forty Two comes with a Telescopic Hydraulic Fork suspension in the front and a Gas Canister – Twin shock hydraulic suspension in the rear.
- The overall weight of this Jawa bike is 170 kg and has an overall length of 2122 mm
- The Jawa Forty-two could be a new addition to the short seat height bikes in India as the seat is placed at a height of 765 mm.
- The overall height of this bike is 1165 mm
- The bike comes incorporated with a fuel tank that could hold a maximum of 14 liters
- The manufacturer claims that the bike could run 40 km per liter of petrol
- The bike is designed and tuned in such a way that it could acquire a maximum speed of 130-140 km/h
Jawa Forty Two 2019 Features
The extra features incorporated into the Jawa Forty Two includes
- Digital odometer
- Analog speedometer
- Fuel gauge
- Low fuel indicator
- Low oil indicator
- Low battery indicator
- Pillion grab rail
- Pillion seat
- Pillion footrest
- Kill switch
- Halogen head headlight
- LED tail lamp
- Turn signal
- Pass light
The ABS in this bike is surely an attractive feature as most of the Royal Enfield 300 to 500 cc models do not offer ABS.
Jawa Forty Two – Colour Variants
The Jawa Forty Two comes in 6 color variants
- Lumos lime
- Galactic green
- Starlight Blue
- Halley’s teal
- Nebula Blue
- Comet red
If you are looking for a bike that functions and delivers more efficiency than a Royal Enfield bike, the Jawa Forty-two might satisfy your needs. However, as the brand has just launched the bike just a few months back, you could hear the real-time reviews on the bike performance.